Thanks to those that made it out on Tuesday, October 13th to see our owner and CEO Matthew Dowgwillo give his presentation on social media. Here is a recap of the points made during the presentation.
As a presenter, I assumed the following about the audience:
- That the attendees already understand social media engagement “best-practices,” ie. things a “pro” social media expert does to increase engagement, namely:
- Use Images
- Blast message everywhere
- Send at times that get most reads
- Use proper #hastags and @creditUsers correctly
- Send multiple times at properly spaced/timed intervals
IMPORTANT, NOTEABLE SOCIAL MEDIA STATS
My goal was to reinforce with new research, important factors about social media, namely, that CONSUMERS TRUST BRANDS JUST LIKE FRIENDS. Social media gives you “word-of-mouth” power, multiplied over your followers. 70% of consumers also trust brands (that they trust/follow) to make recommendations.
SOCIAL MEDIA IS MORE IMPACTFUL THAN ON-PREMISE SIGNAGE/PAID ADVERTISEMENTS
- People engage daily with social User Generated Content, and it is more trusted.
- Consumers find bars/restaurants via Google Search, (SEO) which is now dependent on Mobile Responsiveness
WHAT ARE THE LOCAL BREWERIES DOING TO BUILD THEIR SALES?
- All businesses and brands have always looked to ENDORSEMENTS by celebrities or people “trusted” as “influencers” of a certain desired demographic. Social Media has created a host of “micro-celebrities” and communities of consumers that surround them.
- Local Breweries are so popular in their local market because they’ve created a community, which was created around fun, engaging events attended by small social circles. The point here was to note a “local” brand strategy centered on mutual support for a “scene” or “community.”
- As a larger craft brand entering a market that is NOT local, you should seek an ad-strategy focused on the support of small, local influencers. For a distributor, the most cost-effective and influential base it can reach is it’s Accounts.
HOW DO YOUR NON-LOCAL BRANDS BUILD A COMMUNITY IN A NEW MARKET?
When you host a tap-takeover, beer dinner, or other event for a good, but non-local craft beer new to your market, how will you get the locals of YOUR community to trust it (especially over local brands)?
Think of what you do to promote this event. How do you usually get guests there? What are the outcomes if the event is a success? What if its a failure?
I believe that if the local bar hosting your event takes an active roll in the promotion, it will inherently be more attended, meaning happier owners and bigger sales. In most cases, especially when considering newer, lesser-known (locally) brands, the bar is the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT DRIVER of guests; they bring their neighbors.
OUR SOFTWARE HELPS YOU RECEIVE BRAND ENDORSEMENTS FROM LOCAL INFLUENCERS
Would it be easier for you if YOU just handled THEIR social accounts?
Would promotions go better if Accounts promoted it within THEIR networks?
Would a recommendation from the bar to their patrons to buy your products help increase sales?
Although our program is designed to be a direct, immediate sales solution and sales incentive, the overall purpose of the program is to build brands via account endorsements to their trusting consumers.
Of course, not every bar owner is exceptionally gifted or reliable when it comes design work. That is why you started doing it for them and printing materials anyway. Social Media and other digital services you could provide, to ensure that they properly leverage their networks to ensure your event succeeds.
CAPTAIN SULLY SAID IT BEST…
When discussing leadership, he noted, “… True leaders recognize innovation and adapt… and the 1st adapters will realize a competitive advantage…”
Digital “Print Services” is the future of the industry. It has to be. Who reads the paper anymore? Most accounts are NOT doing a good job when it comes to new technologies, so why would you not want to help them? Our software was created to provide services necessary to your accounts to adapt and reach consumers in a digital age.
As a distributor utilizing our software, we allow you to help them in return for a sales incentive. But we also give you access to THEIR followers and let you manage a “pro” voice, especially regarding your brands and your promotions.
The 1st distributors to innovate and offer this program will gain a HUGE, incomparable value. They will be “tech partners” with their accounts; a position only ONE distributor can have. If you’re ready to lead your industry and be an innovator, call us, and we’ll work together.
Here are the presentation slides. You can also download the Handouts (large pdf file)